Subject: Re: spline control limits
From: Bryant Reif <[email-masked]>
To: Multiple recipients of list <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Apr 1996 23:25:27 -0700

At 10:28 PM 4/17/96 -0700, you wrote:
>At 11:10 PM 4/16/96 -0700, you wrote:
>
>>I would go absolutely nuts if they did this.  Imagine little "handles" (a la
>>Illustrator) on all the nodes in the envelope panels.  Why not "handles" on
>>all curves and splines in LW?
>
>I realize they're not Bezier spline but they do have interactive controls as
>apposed to having to do it numerically. Check your keyboard equivs.

Yup, knew about those.  Bezier splines would be very cool, however.

>>Oh well, with a finite amount of time and resources, it
>>sounds like they did very well with this version.
>>
>
>They did better than very well! Once you start playing with MetaNURBS
>there's no going back! All I can say is THANKYOU FORI!!!

I would LOVE to start playing with MetaNURBS.  I need a job before I can
afford the $500 upgrade though.  You guys accepting demo reels? ;)

>Lazy Points is a VERY!!! cool thing.
>Imagine a character with long hair, running, and the hair is bouncing as he
>runs. If you've seen the Alias demo of the hairy guy, you know what I'm
>talking about.  Of course using it on the cow is pretty fun too :)

You mean like in the short film "The End"?

>Effectors are also amazing. Wanna suck a ball through a hose and see the
>hose bulge because the ball is inside it?!! Or maybe have a mouse run under
>a rug?
>Or have a person walking through tall grass and the grass is pushed aside by
>his motion? It's COOL!

Can you have lattice deformations, (i.e. push a sphere through a funnel a la
trueSpace?) or can you only use nulls.

>-Ace  (who has hated not being able to SPEW INFO)

Spew man spew!  I want to hear all about the new features.  The more you
explain the cooler 5.0 gets.  I guess it's hard to appreciate the new
additions to LW until you have used them.

> Ace Miles * Senior Animator * Atari Games/Williams Entertainment
>       [email-masked] (work)  or   [email-masked] (home)
>     My opinions are not necessarily those of my employer.
>      Although legally they own everything I come up with.   
>

Bryant Reif
mailto:[email-masked]
http://www.aiesec.org/~bryant